What this privacy notice covers
Leonards is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Leonards. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
Leonards are a multi-disciplined firm of chartered surveyors and property consultants providing sales, lettings, valuations, surveying and auctioneering services.
We are a data controller under data protection legislation and all contact details are shown at the end of this notice.
Leonards operate the website www.leonards-hull.co.uk
Information we gather
We collect your information, which may be in the form of your name and contact details and store it both electronically and in hard copy format and in certain circumstances this may include both financial, personal and identification information. If you sign up to receive information about our services, properties for sale or to let, we will collect information from you, which may include:
- Your name;
- Your business;
- Postal address;
- Email address;
- Phone number.
Your information may be collected from a number of sources including:
- i) application and request forms in person, or by post;
- ii) email, post and mail correspondence;
- iii) contact via telephone;
- iv) enquiries through Property Portals, including Leonards website;
- v) in-person contact with staff and affiliates;
- vi) information we gather via auctions; and
- vii) information we receive via external third parties, where relevant.
We rely on obtaining your consent to process your personal information. This means you have real choice on control over how we use your data.
We may use your information to:
- i) comply with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligation and good practice;
- ii) perform services you have requested;
- iii) to provide you with information about our services or our activities;
- iv) collect information to match your requirements with information held on our database;
- v) keep a record of your relationship with us;
- vi) share with other regulatory authorities, any other party where sharing of information is required by law and in certain circumstances third party data processors, where your consent has been given.
Without your express consent, we will not use this information for marketing properties through our agency or any of Leonards other services. Upon receiving your consent, we will process your information in line with your preferences. This consent must be explicitly given. You may withdraw consent or change your contact preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who will have access to the information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, in order to perform services in relation to our business. We may require third parties and other data processors to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws. We will make sure that appropriate controls are in place where third parties have access to personal data.
How long will we keep your information?
We keep records only for as long as required to operate the service and in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. This means your data will be deleted if you withdraw consent to processing or the data is no longer required or is inaccurate.
Keeping your records
The data that we collect from you will be stored at Leonard’s premises or with a GDPR compliant third party.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to the storing and processing or transfer of data we collect from you. Leonards will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How to keep us updated with any changes to your information
Please remember to keep us updated on the personal data we hold on you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. All requests to update your personal data must be sent by email to email@example.com or in writing to Leonards. Any third party processors will be informed, where considered necessary.
You have the right to request access to information about you that we hold (this is called a Data Subject Access Request or DSAR).
You may wish to:
- Keep us updated and have the data we hold about you corrected.
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We may require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please submit your request by either email or in writing to the contact details shown at the end of this notice. We will respond within one month of receipt of your request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact us on the details set out at the end of this notice.
- Request that we delete your personal data so it is erased from our records, subject to retention in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules.
- Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Enquiries and Complaints
Please contact us if you have any enquiries arising from this privacy notice. Where possible, please raise all enquiries by email or in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
All enquiries and complaints should be sent to:
512 Holderness Road
Tel: 01482 375212
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information. Their contact details are show below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Review of Leonards Privacy Notice
This notice was last reviewed in May 2018. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us.